I have to admit, I'm a bit of a scrooge. I just have to admit it - I don't really like Christmas - but for the purposes of this review, I'll try to be objective!
Tinseltown is an extremely festive theme for Firefox. It makes no apology for going all out for Christmas, with snowflakes, pine trees and reindeer galore. It affects all aspects of the browser, even the context menus, which is a nice touch. There are no settings that you can configure, but there is a full selection of icons under Customize and some nice details, such as the candy-cane scrollbar and sparkling lights as new tabs load.
Unfortunately, Tinseltown makes the browser a little hard to see, and it might just be personal preference, but I think the icons are too small. Looking back to the last review of the theme, Tinseltown seemed to have bigger toolbar icons, which I liked. All the same, this is a very festive theme, and the more Christmas-friendly among you are sure to be charmed by Tinseltown, even if I wasn’t!
Tinseltown: extra Christmassy, so scrooges beware!
- Right click menus have new snow graphics.
- URL bar auto complete menu has been re-designed with a snowman.
- Back/Forward drop down arrow has a flake behind it.
- Star graphic in URL bar is now prettier.
- Tab hover text color is now easier to see.
- Add-on window has snow.
- Download window has snow.
- Preferences window has a selected text color.